Friday 24 May 2013

TUTORIAL:  HOW I DO MY BROWS! 

The one main question I'm asked is how I do my eyebrows. So here you go, here's a tutorial which hopefully gives you a better idea of how I achieve the look. I sometimes choose to go for a more natural brow, but at the moment this is what I'm feelin'! 

(NB The big chunk missing from the top of my arch is from a brow grooming and trimming related incident. I won't go into details...it was harrowing to say the least. Brow drama.)

1. Brush through brows using a spoolie to straighten out any stray hairs etc. 

2. 'Map' out your brows by firstly sculpting the underneath with a sharpened eyebrow pencil. 

3. Do the same for the top, using light strokes so the brow doesn't look too drawn on.  

4. Fill any gaps in lightly with the brow pencil. 

5. Using an angled brush and some brow powder or matte brown shadow, give the brows a thicker appearance by lightly brushing the colour through. I'm using an Ecotools angled brush here.

6. 'Carve' out the brow using concealer and a small brush. I use a Real Techniques detailer brush. 
The angles on the tip of this brush give great precision and the size is great for getting into those tricky areas!

7. Using a spoolie, brush the brow through. This will pick up any excess product and create a "diffused" effect. If you have any stray hairs, run a brow gel through to tidy it up. 



0 comments :