Monday 20 May 2013

MAKEOVER MONDAY: SOFT SMOKEY LINER

There's nothing I love more than a good makeover - and luckily I live with two other girls who I can frequently lay my hands on. This post includes the beautiful Emma, who asked for something soft, understated and sultry. 



This is really simple and effective; sweep a muted neutral tone all over the lid to give the crease some definition. Then, using either a khol or gel eyeliner on an angled brush, create a small cat-eye flick. Whilst the product is still wet, 'pull' the product upwards, creating a smudged, smokey effect. Blend this out with a fluffy blending brush. A few coats of mascara and you're done! The smoked liner really makes the lashes look thicker. 

I also gave Emma a slight 'brow overhaul' - She complained of slightly sparse, uneven brows and asked me to work some magic on them. So I groomed to my hearts content and created a fuller shape to what she normally has, using an eyebrow pencil to carve and sculpt a fuller, more even shape and then created the illusion of thickness with an eyeshadow and an angled brush. The trick is to 'mimic' the hair growth, using small light strokes instead of just drawing them on. 

 
On the face I just used MAC Studiofix Fluid foundation, Maybelline Fit Me concealer and MAC Prep and Prime translucent powder to set. Benefit's 'Hoola' bronzer was perfect to contour on Emma's fair skin, whilst warming the face up slightly. I then used a light dusting of Benefit's 'Bella Bamba' blush on the apples of the cheeks. This contains a really fine shimmer which gives the skin a gorgeous healthy glow. To finish, I applied a mix of MAC Satin lipstick in 'Myth' and Laura Mercier lipstick in 'Tea Rose'. 


0 comments :