Wednesday 22 May 2013

HAUL: PALETTES (MAC DUPES!) & BRUSHES

Slowly but surely, I'm making 'investment' purchases and expanding my kit-to-be. I'm so excited to eventually start freelancing properly and making a proper living out of it. In the mean time, though, lets just drool over my latest buys. 

Lets start with what I'm most excited about - my Coastal Scents / BH Cosmetics palettes! I'd heard so much about these on Youtube and on other blogs and they really are such good value for money. 

I got the 10 Colour Professional Blush palette and the 28 Neutral Shadow palette and I'm SO happy with them! The colours are beautifully pigmented - may have smelt a little 'face-painty' when opened but that's just wholesale I guess - and have great payoff. Perfectly blendable shades and haven't broke me out at all. BARGAIN! 



The blush palette contains both warm and cool toned blushes which will suit a wide variety of different skin tones. 
Top Row: 
Matte medium brown with a hint of peach. 
Very light satin finish warm pink with a hint of peach.
Very light cool toned frosty purple-pink colour. 
Medium peachy pink colour with a satin finish.
Light brown with hints of mauve with satin finish.

Bottom Row:
Bubblegum satin pink colour.
Matte warm rose with brown undertones.
Bright tangerine/peach colour with silvery sheen.
Matte medium fuschia - not overly bright, just enough.
Warm satin brown with very strong peach undertones.



I'm not going to go and name all the shades in the 28 Palette, you can see for yourselves that there's a great range of colours in there! What I have done though is show you the MAC dupes to be found in here. They're not all spot on, but for the price, they're a pretty good match!


I also bought another fluffy blending brush which was £6.95 - you can see it in the first picture! I got all these from 'Beautystore4u-UK' on Ebay. They have some great deals! The blush palette was £16.95 and the eyeshadow  pallete was £23.59. 


Then, I went on over to Crown Brushes and bought three new toys to play with! I got the C405 Angle Contour Blush - £6.90, the C438 Pro Deluxe Liner - £2.66 and the C455 Flat Blender - £4.16. They all came in plastic film, and sanitised. The bristles were so much softer than I expected seeing as they were so reasonably priced and they work beautifully - rumour has it these guys supply MAC with the good stuff!

I would highly recommend all of these products, I took the risk of paying a little less for all of it but luckily it paid off! Very pleased and really excited to start playing with all of it - my housemates are my guinea pigs!




0 comments :