Sunday 23 December 2012


FAVOURITES: MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural

My Skinfinish Natural and Ecotools brush.



I have to say, MAC is definitely one of my favourite make-up brands, although it is admittedly a little on the pricey side. The range of colour choices, especially with their foundations and powders is something that drew me to MAC in the first place. 

Drug store brands, no matter what anybody says, still reign supreme in the stakes of affordable, wearable cosmetics. However, I do find it important to splash out on items that, unfortunately for my bank account and student loan, with higher expenditure comes higher quality.

The powders I've endlessly tried and tested from the likes of Maybelline or Rimmel are okay, but they're not quite there. I find myself continuously becoming frustrated with the lack of staying power, the not-so-nice patchy face at the end of the day and also the same old dusty 'cakey' look they've got going on. Maybe it's just preference, but as soon as I discovered this product I was hooked. 

Using a dual fibre brush like the MAC 187 (goes for around £21 - pricey, but like this product - worth the splurge), this smooth mineral power can be lightly dusted over concealer if you're lucky enough to have minimal blemishes, or as I prefer, my Ecotools Bronzer Brush  (A much more modest £9.99) which is densely packed with bristles which can be used to buff more of the product into your skin, creating a much more airbrushed, 'photo-ready' finish whilst still remaining natural - Woohoo!


The one thing I found amazing about this product was how refined it was. No matter how much you pile it on, without going crazy with it of course, your skin still retains a demi-matte, almost 'dewy' glow without the shine, which is created I presume by the minute flecks of glitter which has been run through the product. Skinfinish Natural is slowly baked to provide a dimensional yet natural-matte finish, providing perfect low coverage for setting foundation or concealer. 

The powder comes in 10 shades, so there's bound to be one for you. I've known some of my more 'porcelain' friends to use a colour two shades darker as a subtle bronzer/contour, too.  

I use the shade 'Medium Plus', as I'm an NC25-30 in the foundations. If you're not sure of the right one for you, pop into your local concession or pro store to get matched up. 

Mineralize Skinfinish Natural is currently retailing on the MAC website for £21.00, and you can get it here, or at any department selling MAC products - Selfridges or Debenhams are probably your best bet.   

I highly recommend this product to anyone not keen on heavy make-up, but still wants a polished look for every day and night's out, too! 

Thanks for reading, and I hope this has helped, 

0 comments :